Frequently asked questions
What is the plan for outreach and ongoing fundraising?
Outreach for the Program will be comprehensive and involve both County and partner agencies, to include SAMCEDA, local Chambers of Commerce, and restaurant, brewery, and winery trade organizations and minority and equity focused organizations such as the North Fair Oaks Community Council, Pescadero Community Council, Peninsula Chinese Business Association, Latino Leadership Council of San Mateo County as well local print, TV, social, and ethnic media outlet.
The outreach effort will include targeted engagement with municipal government leadership to solicit participation in the program and encourage matching funding if feasible. In addition, broad efforts will be made to involve and communicate with local community organizations and trade organizations across the county.
Staff anticipates that outreach may include some of all of the following:
- Awareness campaign for grant application prior to pre-application period
- Use of public agency and elected official social media and email resources
- Announcement at public events, briefings, and media calls
- Request for municipalities to contact restaurants with business licenses
- Request for County Environmental Health to contact permitted restaurants
- Conduct physical and digital flyer drops to restaurants via community partners
- Media alerts to local print and digital traditional and social media entities
- Activities will be conducted in multiple languages and with a priority on ensuring equity